Seven dumb things you can ask Jeeves
As we noted in the past, Ask Jeeves! is not as clever as he looks; nor is he a search engine that cheap michael kors will help you replica michael kors with every problem. Still, we need to give the old codger his due.
As Traffick has noted in the past, Ask Jeeves! is fake cheap Michael kors handbags not as clever as he looks; nor is he a search engine that will help you with every problem.
Still, we need to give the old codger his due. We been remiss in pointing to the major advantage of Jeeves: the premise that a service could be developed to handle the “sweet spot” of common research problems and ordinary human conundrums. So, herewith, some examples of this unique answer service in action.
The rating system here is easy to follow: Jeeves response, and the speed with which you get Michael Kors handbag outlet your problem solved, will be rated o of “Great Scott, you done it again, Jeeves!,” “satisfactory,” or “outta my way, grandpa.”
1. What time is it here? Let say you screw up the time o your computer. You too lazy to go find a clock. Your watch was eaten by wolves. Where the darn web site with the real time o it? We asked Jeeves. No problem, we found the time in under 30 seconds. Rating: satisfactory.
2. Why can I tie my shoe? You drunk. You are late for the second party of the evening, after changing your shoes, soiled through careless walking. You must leave! Sociability beckons! But you can find the handle. What can Jeeves do for us here, besides suggesting that he just shine your existing shoes while you stand and wait? In this case, Jeeves could not help out with the explanation “you drunk wear sandals” or anything remotely close. We were served up pitiable suggestions like “Where can I find the comic strip and were beckoned to buy Adidas shoes o Jeeves closest answer was a sponsored link (he likes those) from Sprinks about child readiness for replica cheap Michael Kors kindergarten. Rating: outta my way, grandpa.
3. What is the word I looking for? We all done it, been in the middle of a sentence like. youthful. what is the word I looking for?” Usually, your friend will jump cheap Michael Kors in and at least try to help. Sometimes, she even hit the nail right o the head. “INSOUCIANCE!!!” your friend shouts.
Not Jeeves. He comes back with nothing more than a bunch of Mamma metasearch results, o of which is a WebMD article “Do You Want to Feel Sexier?” Hmm, when you can win o brains, fool with sex. Clever, old man, clever. Rating: satisfactory.
4. How many grams in a teaspoon? Just try finding this o anywhere o in a form you can comprehend. Jeeves leaves us to sift through the usual cheap michael kors handbags maddening tables. The best we find is that 1 teaspoon = 5mL. That a liquid measure, and I guess if it were water, that might mean that the weight would also be 5 grams. But Jeeves, like most of the sources out there, seems unwilling to provide hard hitting answers to this puzzling problem. Rating: satisfactory.
5. Are we there yet?
The time honored time waster, reading ingredients from the back of the cheese doodles bag, often leads to the moment when the preservative addled participants seriously want to know what it is they been ingesting. Jeeves doesn pull any punches here, understanding the question and directing us to “more information about the food additive BHA and BHT,” a medical study which addresses carcinogenity and everything. Rating: “Great Scott, You Done it Again, Jeeves!”
7. Will the Chiefs cover o Monday night?
We all heard people say “why don these psychics go down to Vegas and make a million dollars?” Apparently, the psychic business doesn work that way. The deal is, psychics make money from pretending to be psychics. Football prognosticators, in the best case, make money by writing funny jokes before posting their picks. And Jeeves, of course, makes his money pretending to know the answers to stuff.
Let see if the debonair older gent can find us a winner. With a few glances past some silly encyclopedia entries about the word “chief,” we quickly find a relevant sponsored link courtesy Sprinks. Skip Gibson, About Guide to Fantasy Leagues (um, shouldn he be telling us to start Christian Fauria at tight end, or something, not telling us how to beat the spread?), is telling us to take the Seahawks +3. Sorry to disagree, Skip, we take the Chiefs at Arrowhead, because the Seahawks are the o o of these two teams that stinks. (Hmm, wethinks this might be an outdated page, since Skip is saying that “Joey Galloway is back for the fake michael kors Seahawks” when Joey has since departed for the Cowboys and suffered a season ending injury.) Rating: outta my way, grandpa!Articles Connexes：
gambling with people’s souls, that’s not canonical either. Though his job is to tempt people to sin, he never grants anybody miraculous powers. We have an old German legend to thank for that. The legend of Faust, made popular later when it was dramatized by Christopher Marlowe, tells the story of a doctor who gets bored and decides to strike a deal with Lucifer in return for knowledge, converting the devil from the Prince of Darkness into a cheap gucci bags shady snake oil salesman. Alas, the Christian Louboutin Store devil got more emo with time. If Replica Christian Louboutin Shoes you try to find the story of the magical cup in the Bible, you’ll wind up flipping around confused, Replica Christian Louboutin thinking louboutin replica you’ve got an abridged version or something. While the Bible does mention Jesus using during the Last Supper, replica cheap Michael Kors the cup itself is not treated any more importantly than anything else in the scene. It’d make just as much sense to say the table itself is holy, or the chairs, or the menu, or the leftovers, or the tip. "I only see 11 dollars. Someone’s holding out . Judas, I’m looking in your direction